5.17.2014

Documented - 5/17

Life This Week:


We are in the calm before the storm around here.

We reached a point where we can't really pack anything else up so we are just on hold.  Andrew heads out very soon, but not soon enough that I feel the clock counting down.  I'm so excited to be out in Arizona, but somewhat dreading the steps that stand between now and then.  One day at a time, right?


Trying to orchestrate this cross country move is taking up the majority of my brain power.  I spend most of my free moments playing out different scenarios.  I haven't felt like writing much, which is a weird feeling for me.  When I'm feeling a bit off kilter like this, I like to plan out every detail of life that is within my ability.  So this was the perfect week for my Erin Condren Life Planner to be delivered!

If you create an account HERE, they send you a $10 coupon!
Teacher books are 25% off this month too!

Eep!  I'm in love with it.  I just ordered a teacher planner too and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I also had my first court experience (outside of adopting the kids, which is technically done in chambers).  I got my very first speeding ticket a few weeks ago and my license was expired to boot.  I had to go to court for the charge.  I won't lie, I was totally scared.  I escaped with a $300 fine, hard to swallow, but better than the $1000 I had been told it would cost.

So overall, this has been a good week, but strange.


School This Week:

We are in the home stretch people!

Like, for real.  If all goes according to plan, we will tie first grade up with a pretty bow this May 30th.  Josie is doing great and is super excited to finally be in second grade.  I couldn't be any more proud of all she accomplished this year.

On fridays Josie writes a letter.  She gets to pick who she writes to.  I guess she ran out of people and has moved on to more abstract recipients.

Now that this year is pretty much done, I couldn't help myself from starting to layout next year.  All I can say is second grade seems to be when the material starts building on itself and we are going to have one heck of a fun year.

Seriously, planning is my favorite!

Gabe is loving Mother Goose Time for preschool.


I am so happy that we found this program.  It takes care of all the planning for me and let's me focus on just teaching him.  My favorite is how much Josie can do to help.  She's been reading him the books and helping him with all the alphabet work.  She's a pretty great assistant.



This is the first year in forever that we aren't doing a big garden.  We did plant a few things, but not enough to warrant a garden theme for school.  I did breakdown and do our seeds in the jar.  The kids are observing how long it takes to sprout.  Again, Josie is taking the lead on this experiment.

Hmm.  Maybe I should be concerned about my job security?



Going & Seeing

I had book club Monday and we cooked out with the Mabrey's on Tuesday.  I got a little teary thinking how that was likely our last cookout until one of us visits the other.  My dreaded court date was Thursday and that night Josie had her Girl Scouts Award Night.  Josie got badges for selling over 150 boxes of cookies!  She was so excited.  Before the awards, they toured the fire station.

1 comments:

Michelle Gibson said...

Just want to say that I love your documented posts so much.

I have a really hard time with the in-betwen stage too! I love an adventure and moving - it's just the not knowing, yk? Hope you know soon!