6.28.2010

Turns out it grows.

I know, I know.

I'm a horrible blogger. How could I have had a new sweet man in the house for over 36 hours and still not posted a single picture?!?!

Well, here you go:


He is here. 

He is gorgeous. 

He has the best personality. 

He has only cried if he need to be fed. And he just slept for 12 hours straight.

He is perfect.


We're calling him "Baby V" for now.

He had an exciting night the night they brought him into care and, since we were 6 hours away, spent the night with another family Friday night.

On Saturday morning we called to get an update and they told us he was ready for us to come get him whenever we could get back. 

 So we rented a car and cut our vacation a day short.

And even though I may have whined a little bit (how crazy is that?!?! I think I was just really scared!) he was worth it.


We had to drop our rental car off at the airport, have Darlene pick us up and bring us home to drop our stuff off, and then load back in the car and drive an hour away to pick him up.

It was a long day of driving.

When we walked in to get him, and I saw his little self for the first time, all my anxiety and stress melted away.

He is truely perfect.

And if I think I'm in love, I can't even imagine what to call the way this Big Sister feels about him:


According to her, he is her baby. And the Little Man doesn't seem to mind one bit.

Instant best friends.


Baby V is the most laid back baby ever. 

He woke up one time the first night but went right back to sleep when I gave him his paci. 

Then we decided to go to church and run to Atlanta with some friends and were literally gone all day.

The little bugger just hung out in the Mei Tai all day, just a smiling!

He only cried when his diaper was wet and when I forgot to feed him.

Hey, I haven't had a baby in a while, I forgot they eat so often!

We still have zero facts on his situation. 

All we know is he was removed due to inadequate housing and parental drug use. We also know the grandmother's home was denied for him due to unsafe conditions.

He had a heart surgery when he was born, but is perfectly healthy now. 

He may need to have another surgery around his second birthday, but we are praying for that not to happen.

Just like Josie, he came with next to nothing. He did have a carseat and a couple outfits along with enough diapers to last quite a while.

On the way back from the beach Andrew looked at me and said, "Remember we are working a case plan. Let's try not to get too attached."

But that proved to be impossible.

One look at him and I was smitten.

I know that I am supposed to pray for God's will to be done in this situation, but let me be honest, I'm praying we get to keep him.

I know that is totally selfish since he does have a mother out there.

I used to think that loving Josie was all I could handle. When they placed her in my arms, my heart was just too full.

It turns out, the heart grows.

I'm hoping to hear from his case worker in the next couple days and will hopefully have a better idea of what's happening then.

Prayers are appreciated.

11 comments:

Amber said...

He was well worth the leaving vacation! I'm in love with him and I haven't even got to hold him yet! I cannot wait to meet and snuggle Baby V! You know what I'm praying for! I'm so happy for you guys! We love y'all!!!!

StarfishMom said...

He is FAITHFUL! :)

Misty said...

aww Baby V is perfect and fits in so perfectly with your family. Wow this is so exciting! I love the miracle of foster care and adoption!

Maya's Musings said...

Wow! I am praying for you, what a crazy turn of events for you all. He is gorgeous and Josie looks absolutely thrilled!

Kameron said...

Congrats again! He is just precious! Lucky girl that he is sleeping through the night too! Argh! My 7 month old needs to get that going too!

Ashley said...

What a cutie! So glad Josie is adjusting so well. Congratulations again!

Crystal Oh said...

You have my prayers! He is one beautiful little boy!

Brooke said...

Glad to see a post! He's a sweetheart. Hoping and praying all works out best for the lil' guy!

Sarah Goddard said...

he is soooo adorable!!!!

Kristin said...

I check your blog everyday but have never commented before....First, Josie is adorable!! I just love her hair! And now this little man....what a cutie!! :)

Mrs. M said...

Awwww!
He is so-so-SO cute!
Enjoy him.Take pride in what you are giving Baby V...a safe loving home.
You are all amazing!
Congrats.