4.12.2014

Documented - 4/12

Life This Week:

This week felt like the calm after the storm.

We had a few follow up appointments for Gabe, but for the most part we were able to be home.  Home is a really nice place to be after several weeks all up in the air.


We have been doing some big life dreaming.  It's scary and exciting at the same time which lends itself to extreme exhaustion at the end of each day.

Oh, and I got my first speeding ticket ever on the way home from Girl Scouts this week.  UGH!  So sad.  Made even sadder by the extra ticket I got for having a license that expired.... in December.  Oops.


School This Week:

I had expected to be spending Monday - Wednesday at the hospital with Gabe so we had doubled up on school last week.  Since he ended up not being admitted, we had a little down time at the start of this week.  I like when we aren't rushed to get a ton done each day.


We just started a unit on Charlotte's Web.  I've never read it and am really enjoying it so far.  I bought a study from Moving Beyond The Page that is helping really tie in grammar, english, and art lessons with the book.  I've never used the complete curriculum, but I can't say enough good things about the individual unit studies at Moving Beyond The Page.  I feel like it brings so much extra education to already great books.  We have tickets to see the play in May as a wrap up for the unit.



I say this a lot, but I'm really enjoying homeschool this year.  Josie and Gabe are at great ages.  I feel like I can actually see Josie's brain absorbing new things.  So much felt like a struggle last year and I honestly feel like she just wasn't ready for all I was trying to do.  This year is a totally different story.  She finally is enjoying reading and math is super easy going now.

Gabe is joining us more now too.  I'm not forcing anything, but he's showing signs he wants to start so I'm going with it.


Going & Seeing:

Last Saturday we went to see some hot air balloons in Macon.  It was pretty neat.  Trouble was that was pretty much all there was to see and the line for rides was well over an hour.  We hung out for a couple hours but ended up leaving before the fireworks.  They sure were pretty at dusk though.



On Tuesday, Josie went to the children's museum with her buddy Luke.  They hadn't seen each other all year so she was super excited and had a really great time.


Gabe had follow up appointments on Monday and Wednesday.  I'm happy to report these should be our last one's for awhile.


Thursday night was girl scouts.  Andrew ended up having a late meeting so I had to bring my Tag-a-long.


Woo.  And I wonder why I'm tired at the end of the day!

Next week we head out to Arizona.  I cannot wait to get there!

0 comments: