3.06.2012

Egg Tins

We are getting all kinds of adventurous with our eating around The Pope House.

We've made our own bread (successfully!), whipped up some mean fruit salads, and just the other morning we made these Frittatas.

Or, as Josie calls them, "Egg Tins"

Which is pretty accurate since all you do is mix eggs and bake them in a muffin tin.

I like Frittatas better, cause I'm way fancier then an Egg Tin Mom.

Either way, here is another way to weasel some veggies in first thing in the morning.

I chopped up a big green pepper, 1/4 of an onion, and a roma tomato.


In a separate bowl, mix 6 eggs, 1/4 cup of milk, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese.


Mix veggies into egg mix and spoon about 1/4 of a cup into 12 muffin tins.  Try to get a bit of everything in the mix into each tin.


Bake at 350 for about 18-20 minutes.

And because we are cheese lovers, I added a bit more cheese as they cooled.


We ate some.


And we froze some.


And because my kids like to make me eat my words, I did end up having to chop the green pepper and tomatoes super tiny to sneak them past the little buggers.

The must not have gotten the memo that I don't feed food critics.

1 comments:

kimmer said...

Haha!!! The frittatas look yummy! Glad your little food critics liked them! Especially the more particular one! Maybe we will make them when you are here!!!