3.01.2012

Dr. Seuss Week

We spent this past week celebrating our favorite children's book author's birthday!

Dr. Seuss!

We had so much fun!  I blew up my Pinterest board while I was planning out this week, but ended up toning it down to a few activities that focused on our favorite books that he wrote.

The Foot Book

This has been Josie's favorite bedtime story for as long as I can remember.  It was also the easiest to come up with some school related ideas.

We made our own Pope Family Foot Book, did some math measuring of our feet, and some foot painting! 




Andrew and I discovered that making footprints is not as easy as one would think.  

We both jacked ours up!  Andrew actually slide across his and almost broke his neck and I couldn't keep my foot from sliding around!



The Cat In The Hat

This one worked great since we are just wrapping up her lessons on the -at family.  She is reading -at words without much trouble at all now!  We had a special snack (that didn't quite work out), did our -at Can Game, and a couple worksheets I had printed out.




Green Eggs and Ham

We finished up our theme by inviting a couple friends over for a special breakfast!  Amy read the book while the kiddos starred at their green eggs.




*Josie does a curriculum for the majority of her school work.  This post highlights our extra theme work*


*Check out my Dr. Seuss Pinterest Board for more ideas*

7 comments:

Carole said...

Great post. This was my quote to honour Dr Seuss http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/quotation-spot.html

Genn said...

Cute post!
Love those green eggs. Clever. ;)

kimmer said...

Tea parties, picnics and green eggs....Oh MY!!!! What a great first day post....and I am thankful every day for your blog because I love so much to see some of whats going on in the family! Big Hugs!

susanv said...

What fun! I made green eggs and ham when we did our Letter E week and it is my daughter's all-time favorite meal ... she still asks for it months later.

Sarah said...

"and the kids starred at the eggs..." That's funny because that is what my kids did! As in, you don't really expect us to eat these do you? Fun stuff!

Kameron said...

I literally laughed out loud when i saw the picture of Andrew's foot. I can just see that going down. Fun activities! I don't eat eggs so the green egg thing always grosses me out. I wonder if Nate would like it!

Becca B. {Ironic Adventures} said...

Measuring feet - fun idea for the Foot Book. Looks like you had lots of fun. :-)