1.01.2012

2011 Reads

I love to get lost in a good book.  

When I start a book, I usually feel like I'm entering a new world.  The characters become my friends.

It's not uncommon for me to feel a little depressed after a good book.  I want to keep reading about my new buddies.

I set the goal to read 24 books in 2011.

And I actually met my goal!

My favorite reads of the year?

I know without a doubt that The Hunger Games Series was my top pick followed really closely by Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

Both were SO good.

And both are about to be movies!  Yippee!

Least favorites?

The Stolen Life and Eat Cake.

The rest fall somewhere in between.

I'm raising my goal to 30 books for 2012.

Here's the list of what I read in 2011:
  • Eat Cake by Jeanne Ray
  • Homeschooling For The Rest Of Us by Sonya Haskins
  • The Well Adjusted Child by Racheal Gathercole
  • The Omnivores Dilema by Micheal Pollan
  • Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
  • Mennonite In A Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen
  • Half Broken Horses by Jennette Walls
  • Don't Make Me Count To Three by Ginger Plowman
  • Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
  • The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore
  • Escape by Carolyn Jessop
  • The Art of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein
  • The Sane Womans Guide To Raising A Large Family by Mary Ostyn
  • Girl In Translation by Jean Kwok
  • The Hunger Games by Susan Collins
  • Girl On Fire by Susan Collins
  • Mockingjay by Susan Collins
  • A Stolen Life by Jacee Duggard
  • The Christmas Train by David Baldacci
  • Miss Peregrines's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  • The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
Any good book suggestions???

2 comments:

Bill and Sherina Hubbard said...

Raising children strong in spirit - Michael Pearl
Family Driven Faith - Voddie Baucham
Large Family Logistics (vision Forum)

Rachel M said...

Nicole - I've read your blog for close to a year now & greatly look forward to learning about your kids, adoption, and all of the in between.

I'm part of a book club (silly - but I founded it so that I would broaden my genre-horizons) - and we've read all kinds of books over the last 2-1/2 years. My all time favorite has been The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain.