8.15.2011

All Natural

A few months ago, Andrew and I fell off the healthy eating bandwagon.

And we fell hard.

McDonalds, Chick-fil-a, and twice a day ice cream.

I started trying to coupon and while I was still able to get a lot of healthy food using them, I also found myself stocking our cabinets with a ton of cheap convenience foods and snacks.

It didn't bother me at first, but lately I've been feeling sluggish and when I put my jeans on for the first time in months they were a bit too snug for my liking.

So we are trading in our coupons for a strict grocery budget and going back to our bi-weekly treks to Whole Foods.  

We even tried Trader Joe's this past week and loved it.  

Now, please don't mistake us eating "healthy" for us eating "diet."

Our goal is All Natural.  

Case and point, Andrew's favorite part of us going back to this kind of eating?

Ben & Jerry's is all natural.

Basically, I want to be able to pronounce the ingredients in our food.

I'm also trying to make more of our food from scratch.

My first project?

Marshmallows.

Not sure why I picked this sticky project since Josie's the only marshmallow fan in our family other then she's the princess and likes them so I make them.

And I'm happy to say, I knew what all the ingredients are and actually had them on hand.

Now, not all of these are all natural.  That baking spray is probably as far as we can get from it.  

Baby steps.


My little helper was very all natural.  Frizzy hair and all.






They were actually very easy to make and not at all as sticky as I thought they would be.

And while I still could only stomach one, Josie assured me they are very, very good!

I'm considering Letter M crossed off my list for Alphabet Summer.


Here's the recipe we used: MARSHMALLOWS

3 comments:

Kaia said...

Mixing bowls make great toys.. lol! I recently saw a honey sweetened marshmallow recipe that I wanted to try but I'm not on my computer or I'd give you the link. I'm sure you could google it if you were interested.

amym said...

Martha Steward does a fudge covered marshmellow...I am not a marshmellow fan either but the fudge covered ones...YUMMY!

kimmer said...

What a super fun project! But why does our little darling girl have the vandals on her forehead?