4.17.2011

Grass Snake Project


We are SO happy to be doing Little School again!

Ashley and I switched it up a bit and decided to rotate houses every week and let whoever's hosting do the planning.

Two weeks ago she put together a fun Spring project that the kids loved so I thought we'd pass it along!

It's basically a homemade Chia Pet.

And you all know how we love us some Chia Pets around here!

All you need is a pair of pantyhose, dirt, and grass seed.

And some freaky sticker eyes!


Cut off a leg of the pantyhose and fill that baby up with dirt and grass seed.



Knead the pantyhose to get the grass and dirt all mixed up.  You don't want any bald spots!


Once it's big and fat, tie off the top and trim the extra.


Give it a good watering.



And add some crazy eyes!


You'll need to put it in the sun and remember to water it.

I stink at watering so we left our "pet" over at Ashley's!

The kids are so excited to see their snake grow some hair!

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

That is really cute! I have never heard of making your own Chia pet. I enjoyed seeing your blog for the first time today.

MamaHen said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I have been reading your foster care posts and thanks for being so honest and encouraging at the same time. We are nervous about it all (having four older children in the home and their emotions about all this), but we are excited too!

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

That is just too cute! I love the idea of making your own chia pet. Also, how neat that you guys are doing homeschooling together - what a fun experience for the kids :)
-Amy

Laurie said...

Fun! I am going to book mark this to do with my grandson.

Amber said...

This thing scares me. I'm not even going to say what it looks like...

Ticia said...

My kids would love this. We made one attempt at a Chia pet, and it was amusing.