10.10.2010

Papa Moose's Pumpkins


We spent all day Saturday at our favorite place on Earth, Papa Moose's Pumpkin Patch!

The weather was unbelievably perfect.  Especially compared to last year! 

There is nothing that makes me happier then watching my kids play on my old stompin grounds. 

And as you can see, they are being adequatly spoiled by everyone.


It took Josie about 30 seconds to spot her Papa Moose and take up her designated spot right by his side. 

This year the party was much bigger then last year.  There were about 15 kids and lots and lots of adults.  It was about 80 with a light breeze and sunny.  The entire day was like a post card.

Josie made lots of new friends.


My Aunts put together a bunch of fun games. 

We did a Ring Toss with Hoola Hoops and Pumpkins:





Then there was a Candy Pumpkin Hunt and a Nature Hunt!



All the Native Kids had their costumes.  My Mom and I had to rig one up for Josie.  Baby V went as a Teething Baby Who Drools On Everybody.


The hayride was...Thrilling!  Down hill going 30 mph with no brakes. 

I wasn't nervous until I saw my Uncle Doug (who was the driver!) make a very concerned face and whisper, "Uh Oh." 
I'm sure I gave Josie a huge weegie I was holding on to her so tight!


And another a-"Maz"-ing addition this year was the Corn Maze!

My brother designed it and my Uncle cut it by hand!  It was SO much fun!


When Josie wasn't glued to Papa Moose's side she was demanding that he watch her Hoola Hoop!
When we got there she couldn't even hold it up and by the time we left she was Hooping away.


We wrapped the day up with everyone picking their pumpkins!

Josie and Livia had a special pumpkin waiting on them!


That Papa Moose sure loves his girls!


The day was perfect.

Thank You Papa Moose for another year of Pumpkin Singing!  You are the best.  Ever.

Your Southern Belles Love You!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Such a wonderful post...and the closest thing to a perfect day! :) Glad y'all had such a great time!

Mrs. M said...

Now those are memories to cherish forever. How idyllic!
I LOVE the pic where your mom has her face close to your baby boy's. So sweet. It's like they share a special bond and she is trying to take it all in. Love!

kimmer said...

I love, love, Love your words and your pictures! You have captured the day for us to remember. I am so blessed to have you and these children in my life...what joy! And Papa Moose and GiGi loved the day as well! Can't wait to see you again!