9.11.2010

Brown Bear, Brown Bear


We had our first Preschool Co-op meeting and it was awesome!

We picked Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See as our theme and the kids had a blast with it.  Plus it fit perfect with our B4FIAR work this week!

Tiffany ended up having an appointment so Jason dropped Everett off and Ashley and I taught.  Let me toot Ashley's horn for a minute.

She is the crafty superstar who made Josie's Papa Moose shirt.  She also made her 4th of July outfit.  She sews like a mad woman and her prices are unreal.  Go chck her out at A Mama And A Mustard Seed.

She used to teach preschool and I'm pretty sure she had to have rocked at it.  She showed up for group with books, brown toys in a bear head, and all the supplies to make their own Brown Bear book!

The kids are still getting used to eachother and to doing something so structured.  The whole thing lasted a little over an hour and they were itching to play by the time we were done.

Next week we are learning about the 5 senses!

RESOURCES:

Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See by Eric Carle
Big Smelly Bear by
Brown Bear print outs from Homeschool Share

2 comments:

Cunz Family said...

...I see a red bird looking at me....

Tommy LOVES that book, he brings it to me so I can read it to him, but tells me what the next page says before I even turn the page...LOL

PS - you and your friends are so crafty!!

Anne said...

Visiting from ABC and 123! Love the painted brown bear book! We've made a brown bear book with cut out shapes and pasting before, but painting is so fun!