5.08.2010

stART Project

2009 404

I picked up this book on Saturday at a yard sale and we have already read it a million times.

The illustrations are wonderful and the story is very cute. It's about a little girl who is very self conscience about what other kids think of her. She comes down with a Bad Case of Stripes. The story gets crazy from there until she learns that it's better to just be who she is!

Around our 20th time reading it, I thought of a fun project that would work great for the stART Carnival.

We taped some easel paper together and traced Josie's body.

2009 402

Then I wiped my tears away. Can you believe how big she is getting?!?! She has grown 1 1/2 inches since her birthday. Her little legs look so long!

Then I just let her go to town with fingerpaints. I originally was going to teach her to do stripes, but the fingerpaints were just too much fun to slide around so we did free art instead.

2009 403

And here is Josie with a Bad Case of Stripes!

2009 405

And yes, I realize her head is shaped funny and her feet are different sizes. My Dad neglected to pass on the artistic genes to me.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

So cute! We might have to try this out too. What a fun little project :)

Kameron said...

For a minute I thought you were going to paint her in stripes when I saw her lying on the paper! What a fun project. Nate and I traced eachother's feet this weekend and measured them. That was fun, but not as fun as finger paints!

Amber said...

Aren't you glad I told you to get it....I swear, how did you live without me? I love that book! It's one of my favorites! Cute activity!