2.16.2010

A "Love"ly Weekend

Happy Late Valentines Day!

My Mom left on Saturday so Josie and I spent the rest of the day pouting.

The next day we took eachother on a date to help us with our Missing Mae Mae Blues.

Since I haven't had a car in, count em', four months, we haven't gone on many Mommy Daughter Dates just the two of us. We hit up all our favorite spots and then drove down to Waffle House for a date with Andrew.

Andrew's store did a Valentines Day event. When he first told me about the candle lit tables, romantic music and white linens I kinda laughed.

I mean, come on, it's Waffle House.

But the calls for reservations started coming in and when Josie and I showed up the place was packed out. And I have to admit, it was pretty romantic feeling!

wh1

wh2

This was one of the couples.

wh

The guy sitting behind them ended up buying thier dinner because he said a love like that deserves to be rewarded.

I agree.

The best part of the night was watching the big burly men coming in and just standing there like a deer in headlights because they didn't want to sit at a candle lit table together!

Ahhh, so funny.

Andrew and I celebrated Valentines Day on Monday with a full day date.

We drove up to Atlanta and just spent the day going wherever we wanted. We had every intention of buying Josie's big girl bed, but when we got to IKEA I decided I wasn't in love love with it so I'm going to shop around.

2009 178

Andrew took me to an awesome breakfast place (that didn't serve waffles!) called J. Christophers.

2009 174

The food was amazing and I can't wait to go back!

2009 177

2009 176

He also took me to The Container Store. Would you believe I'd never been there?!?!

A girl with an organization cumpultion like I have should have a frequent shoppers card for that place.

He told me to get whatever I needed, but I was so overwhelmed that I only got a couple things. You better believe I'll be going around the house searching for things that need containers before our next trip!

On the way home we went to Whole Foods.

Our first dates were at grocery stores.

I bought myself 2 dozen roses for $5 and told Andrew they were a gift from him.

$5 for 2 dozen red roses?!?! Just another perk of celebrating everything a day late!

1 comments:

Kameron said...

Ha! I can just see some big ole guys not wanting to sit together. Do they have a counter at Waffle House? :o) I get overwhelmed by the container store too! You just want to buy everything, but know you should have an exact place in mind for everything!