1.17.2010

A New Season

No, I'm not talking about Spring, even though we did have one afternoon that had a promise of Spring attached to it.

I'm talking about another Season of Change for the Pope Family.

Most of you know that I have been babysitting a little boy for the past six months to help bring in some extra money.

Well his Mom and I were unable to come to an agreement about a payment policy so he will not be staying with us anymore.

I'm excited and nervous about it.

Excited because I feel like there is so much I want to be doing with Josie that I haven't been because JP was here. Crafts, Preschool, Cooking, Trips were all put off because, quite frankly, it was easier on me to just let them play.

But I am nervous too.


I am not a fan of change.

Any change.

I have just as many sleepless nights over a good change as I do negative ones. I like my life to be predictable, steady, unchanged.

But as we all know, God likes to keep moving us forward and the only time we end up struggling is when we don't just move where he leads.

I'm not sure why I ever let myself start to get comfortable. Pretty much the only thing that has ever stayed the same since I met my amazing husband, it that everything changes.

And as freaked out as the change might make me, it always ends up being for the best.

Not keeping JP anymore was decided last Wednesday and I am just now starting to feel secure and OK with it.

That money was part of our budget that gave us wiggle room. I was SO close to getting a monthly allowance to spend however I wanted to!

Maybe nervous isn't the right word, I think it's more like mourning the ease that our budget was about to work in.


However, God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.

I have no doubt that our needs will continue to be met and I am excited to throw myself back into my own family with no distractions.

Not much actually changes to be honest. I was only making $400 a month and while $400 is still $400, it's not worth losing sleep over.

So I'm hoping to spend (even more) time with my friends and doing more crafty things around the house.

Oh, and trying to stay calm.

0 comments: