5.17.2009

Geranium Festival!

Yesterday was my favorite day of Spring...

The Geranium Festival in McDonough!

The weather man tried to discourage us from going by blabbing on about rain, but we were going rain or shine!It turned out to be a gorgeous day for a fair. We did get about 5 minutes of sprinkles, but after that the sun came out in full force and it was almost too warm!
I love picking up a few new things for Josie at the fairs. There is something about boutique styles that just pulls me in.
But boutique things aren't cheap, so she only got a couple of things.

I did, however, get totally inspired to start sewing again and to finish off the playroom that I've been talking about decorating forever!
Amy and I were naughty and took pictures of things that we are going to make. I'm sorry, but paying $50 for a painting when I can make it at home for less then $10 just isn't for me!

I did buy her this adorable, reversable dress:I left the plaid side alone but picked up some monogramming letters at Micheal's and ironed them on the pink polk-a-dot side.I also picked up a plain pink tank top and ironed on some more monogram letters to it. I love the way these turned out! I completely fell in love with these door hangers! But like I said, I can't get myself to pay $30 for something this small when I can make it. I actually like the way my homemade one turned out better then the one at the fair!And the materials only cost me about $4!
When I saw this puzzle I had to get it:I never see anything with her name on it! I couldn't believe they had it!
She has already mastered it.

Here are a couple other projects I am going to work on.

2 comments:

Amber said...

We bought a puzzle for Olivia too. I loved those wall hangings. I have a connection to a lady that will do the same thing for cheaper. I want a big one for Olivia's room. Good job on your projects! They look great!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

So glad you found me and I love your blog! That Josie is adorable!
Several points- I LOVE the monogram iron ons. I don't think I've ever seen those and I am going to have to find them, now! And your projects look GREAT! I have totally snapped pictures and ran before, too! ha! There was one bridal boutique I went in, though, that didn't let you take pictures. Can you believe that? I think we snuck them anyway... so devious! LOL!
So very nice to meet you! I can't wait to find out more about you! Have a lovely day!
Hillary