11.26.2008

Menu Planning (take 2)

We did surprisingly well with sticking to our Menu Plan the past two weeks. We switched some days up based on how tired we were and how long it would take to make each meal, but we did eat almost all the things on the menu!
My whole wheat lasagna ended up really runny because I used a recipe where you don't cook the noodles first and just add extra water to the sauce. I must have added way too much water. So I'll be tossing that recipe the next time I try!
The Homemade Chicken Pot Pie was really good except that I didn't use enough chicken. We will for sure make this one again.
The Baked Ziti was really good and super easy to make. It needed more cheese, but other then that we all really liked it.
We had steak last night and moved the meatloaf to tonight. I also moved the stew to Saturday since we had pizza when we were supposed to have that.
So only 2 meals were replaced. Hopefully this next week will be even more successful. Even with the little things we had to run to the store for, we still came in WAY under budget! We go back to Whole Foods Friday night so we'll see if I can do it again!
Now for the next two weeks menu plan...

Saturday - Beef Stew and Homemade Biscuits
Sunday - Baked Talapia, Baked Potatoes, Yellow Squash
Monday - (Darlene is out of town so we're on our own!) Chicken Fettuccine with Broccoli
Tuesday - Beef Kabobs and Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday - Chicken Quesadillas (Ravioli for Josie)
Thursday - (I have a jewelry party) Frozen Pizza and Peas
Friday - Driving to Florida
Saturday - Florida
Sunday - Florida
Monday - Darlene's!!!
Tuesday - Chicken Breast stuffed with cheese and spinach (YUM!) and Sweet Potatoes
Wednesday - Burgers and Fries
Thursday - Taco Ring
Friday - Breakfast for Dinner (Eggs, Pancakes, Fruit)

It's lunch time and I'm starving so all of this sounds really yummy to me!
What are you eating this week???

1 comments:

Cunz Family said...

My sister has an awesome recipe for Spinach Chicken lasagne...if you think you'd like that for your menu planning, I can dig up the recipe for you!