9.16.2010

Yum Yum Muffins!

The other day I was in the mood to bake something so I whipped up some Carrot Apple Muffins.

These babies are good for you and taste like Fall.

The cast of characters:


Please don't let this picture fool you, you really only need 2 carrots.  I obviously don't have any concept of what one cup of carrots looks like.

Shred up 2 carrots and mix it with the apple sauce, vanilla, eggs, and oil.


(here's where I forgot I was doing a post of these and neglected to take any more pictures)

Mix your dry ingredients in another bowl and then combine them.  I added raisin too.

Throw them in a muffin tin and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.


They are super yummy and freeze well for those rushed mornings.


Apple Carrot Muffins

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola or safflower oil
1 tsp real vanilla extract

Taste best with a little butter right out of the oven!


0 comments: