12.03.2013

Giving Thanks

I didn't participate in any of the daily thankful posting going around the interwebs.

It's not that I couldn't think of 30 things to be thankful for, but more along the lines that I just can't wrap my gratefulness up into a witty one line status update.

When I think back over the year, there has been lots of room to grumble and complain.  To yell, "why me?!?!" from the rooftops.  There was sickness and heart murmurs and tumors came back.  There was financial stress, job changes, and lost friendships.  Life happened in the last 365 days and life is never simple.

But that's not the stuff I see in my hindsight.

It's all a part of our story, but I choose to see the giggly faces, the memories we made.  The closeness I feel to all my family and the friends that might as well be family.  I love that we get to choose what our highlight reel will look like.

It's been a good year.  It's a good life.

I'm happy.

The deep down kind of happy, and that makes me thankful for all of it.

I'm also thankful for a long weekend at my Dad's house.  Where we ate a ton, watched football, and shared all this happy together.






0 comments: