3.29.2013

Craving, satisfied

People ask, "are you a beach person or a mountain person?"

And while I love a good mountain view in the Fall and could spend endless hours with sand covered babies at the beach, the desert holds my heart.

I like the heat and the sun and smell of orange blossoms coming at me from all angles.  I like that people improvise with nature, so what if grass won't grow?  Slap some rocks in your front yard and you're good to go.




When you think of the desert, you think brown, dry, thirsty.  But you're wrong.  There's deep greens and rich reds and right about now the Prickly Pear Cactus is throwing out flowers in the brightest shades of fuchsia.

And where the desert lacks in color, we simply create our own.






After a long Georgia Winter where the weather never really did make up it's mind if it wanted to be cold or not, I was craving the desert.  The desert knows what it is and makes no apologies.  No need to wonder if you'll need pants or a jacket.  You won't.  It's gonna be hot in the best way.  Pack a swimsuit and sunscreen and be on your way.

I like it here y'all.




3 comments:

jordyn said...

georgia summers would make you appreciate the hot, DRY dessert. haha. sounds LOVELY!

Unknown said...

I have to admit I am mountain girl but I have not spent much time in the desert so I cannot say I would not like it also. The beach and I are not friends though :) I prefer cold to heat but I do love the sunsets and sunrises in the desert. I would love to do photo sessions there. I love what you wrote. Maybe I will give the desert a chance.

Anonymous said...

You and me both girl! I can't wait to go back :) The best vacation EVER!
Have a wonderful time and be safe!
Amy K.