1.20.2012

Driver's Ed

I've heard it said that the world is our classroom.

And I'm learning that is true.

You don't need to be sitting at a desk to learn math.

Science doesn't have to happen in a lab.

And a chalkboard may look cute, but it's totally unnecessary for reading lessons.

We've had a busy couple of weeks.

Oh, who am I kidding?

Our life is busy.

If I wait until we have a calm week at home, we'll never get school done.

It would have been easy for me to skip school on the days we had to be running around.

But I'm determined to make homeschooling work for our family.

So we've done math at the grocery store, science at the soccer fields, and lots and lots of reading lessons in the car.

The car has turned into our schoolroom away from home.


I gave Josie a notebook for the car where she practices letters.

She picks a word and we sound it out together and she writes the letters as we go.

Sometimes you just have to make it work!

3 comments:

Amber said...

You do whatcha gotta do! : )

Maya's Musings said...

That is the beauty of homeschooling! You make it work for your family :) Love!

Bill and Sherina Hubbard said...

You need that bumper sticker "we homeschool, we're always on a field trip:) love, Sherina