3.03.2011

Let It Surpass

Today's the day.

COURT.

12 hours from now we will either be celebrating a new beginning or rallying for another round of case plans.

Either way, we will still be a family.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Even though we've received nothing but good news (for us) regarding the case, the final decision still lays in the Judge's hands.

So God,  SUSTAIN ME.  

Hold me up.

Steady my FAITH and Ease my nerves.

Remind me of your UNDYING FAITHFULNESS and the VICTORY that belongs to Gabe.

And you know that PEACE you told me about?

The one that, as humans in rocky situations, we are unable to fathom?

I'm gonna need some of that.

I'll probably need you to close my mouth so I don't yell out my opinion.

And if you could dam up my tear ducts, I'd appreciate that too.

See, I know his future is in your hands.

I know you've got mine too.

I'm just hoping you actually have them in the same hand.

Please don't make this drag out another 3 months.

Move on the Judge.  Show her your Will.

Today is The Day.

And I'm trusting in You.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the PEACE OF GOD, which transcends all understanding, will gaurd your heart and your mind."
Philippians 4:6-7

17 comments:

Jackie said...

I have never left a comment on your blog, but I am a regular reader.

You are in my thoughts today! I hope that the courts rule in your favor. You have provided such a loving and safe environment for Gabe. I hope that the judge fully understands that he is already found a great home with you and your family.

Amber said...

Today IS the day!!!! Have faith!!! Love you all and especially that big fat baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful prayer! Lifting you guys up in prayer today as well....trusting God knows all things and has a perfect will for you all! Love, Amy King

Donovan Doins said...

Praying that the truth of the birth mother will be completely revealed to the judge today.

Praying for victory!

Audrey Thompson said...

This brought tears to my eyes. My heart goes out to you and my prayers go up for you, your family, Gabe, and even his birth mother. Maybe God will move in her heart as well.

To HIM be the glory for what will be done in Gabe's life.

Unknown said...

I'm praying for you as it is 9am right now. I pray for the Lord's will to be done.

Misty said...

I'm praying for your family as it is 9am right now. I pray for the Lord's will to be done.

Kara said...

Beautiful post! You have such a way with words! As a faithful blog reader, your faith has been a constant inspiration to me. As a mother of two little ones, my heart is just aching for you. I've been praying for you and your family! : ) Sending love from Upstate New York!

Unknown said...

Hey Girl-praying for you today!!! I've never commented either but very much appreciated your help with the gingerbread query. :-)

God is good and sovereign over this situation, praying for peace for you and your family today-and I do mean all 4 of you!

The Edberg's said...

I am praying for you all today! Hoping there is another beautiful celebration in your near future!

Unknown said...

Waiting with you...praying with you...hoping with you...will be obsessively refreshing to see if you've updated... ;)

Kaia said...

Not sure what time court was but I'm praying until I hear the results!!

Kelsey said...

Praying and awaiting the news. Your prayer was honest and beautiful.

Meg A. said...

The blog community is an amazing thing- I don't know you, but have been so compelled to pray for you and Baby Gabe's future. Specifically praying Jeremiah 29:11 over his little life. And I'm pretty sure I'll be clicking on your blog about a million times tonight, checking for an update!

Unknown said...

Maybe going a tad bit crazy. Hoping the silence is due to you celebrating like crazy...hoping...

The Edberg's said...

I logged on again from home just to see if you had updated us all! We are all anxious for you!

Donovan Doins said...

Nicole,
Still praying for you. Thought I would share this post with you...as few of my adoptive mom friends are in the same place.
http://donovandoins.blogspot.com/2011/03/forever-and-ever.html
(Although I am pretty sure your are not in mature mother phase.LOL)