2.25.2010

My Daily Dilema

Every morning, without fail, the following statement will come out of my mouth,

"I don't have anything to wear."

Which is simply a lie considering this is my closet:

2009 206

(yes, organized by color and sleeve length. I told you I'm insane.)

Actually, that is only part of my closet and doesn't even show the mass shoes, pants, dresses, or skirts that were shoved in there.

So I came to the conclusion that it's not that I have nothing to wear, it's that I have too much to wear.

I was feeling overwhelmed with when I last wore what and who did I see in it. The truth is, I have a few favorite outfits that I wear all the time and the rest spend 99% of the year hanging there.

So I did a mass cleansing.

2009 205

That's about half of what I am getting rid of.

I also cleaned out my cabinets.

Not sure anyone is going to want my Ovulation Prediction Kits, but Lord knows I don't need them so out they go.

I still have a lot that I should get rid of.

2009 207

For instance, my Nine West heels in the back there had so much dust on them I couldn't tell what color they were. But they were expensive and make me feel like an adult so for now they stay.

I also kept a few jackets I haven't worn in years, but I am not quite ready to give up. I had to keep taking breaks and then going back through the whole closet to make sure I got rid of as much as my mind would allow.

2009 208

It felt good to take out all the work skirts and dress pants that not only do I never wear, but probably don't even fit anymore.

I tried to get rid of some of Andrew's things, but the poor man only has about 5 shirts that aren't Waffle House related so his side was safe from my binge!

Now if only Josie would move up to at 2T I could do more closet cleaning!

public service announcement to all my friends.....

If we are out and you see my pick up a tank top in any form or fashion, you have permission to slap it out of my hands. Seriously, I have an addiction.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I'm not the only one with dusty shoes. Now can someone explain to me how dust gets in the closet?

Anonymous said...

Wow Josie is a tiny thing...she only wears 24 months and shes 3???

Brooke said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I need to get moving and get rid of more than 90% of the things in my closet too. I always wear the same things, and the clothes in my closet sadly never see the light of day. Not sure why I have issues letting go.

Kameron said...

At least you get a ton of use out of Josie's clothes! I hate packing away something I know they have only wore once becuause they grew too fast! Good job on the purge. I have to do that from time to time. The only thing that stinks is, right now I have a whole closet and drawers full of clothes that don't fit me because of the baby. I guess I'd better get my butt back to the gym!

Mrs. M said...

It must be the season or something as I just decided to do the same today. For me it's a laundry issue...I hate that there is always so much laundry to do...so if I got rid of some clothes I would be able to see the laundry room floor!
Thanks for reaffirming the closet cleanse is a must for me!