11.28.2009

Let The Christmas Crafting Begin!

Ready for another super easy craft?

SNOWMEN CANDLES

It's another cheapo too. Here's what you need:

IMG_7595

- A few empty jars, I used an old candle and a spaghetti sauce jar. Then I decided I wanted a big ole huge snowman so I made Josie eat apple sauce with every meal for a whole week so I could use that jar too!
- Some white tissue paper
- Glue
- Scraps of black and orange felt
- Tea light candles

Tear your tissue paper into strips and glue them on the jars. If the paper tears, just cover the hole with another strip.

IMG_7597

(don't you love how I photograph white tissue paper on white sheets?!? I'm so smart!)

IMG_7599

Then let those babies dry.

Once they are dry, cut out felt eyes and mouth and a carrot nose and glue them on.

IMG_7603

And that's it!

Throw a tea light in each one and display them proudly! They are gorgeous at night!

IMG_7655

2 comments:

Disney said...

Oh this is so cute!! I'm going to feature it on my sidebar tomorrow.
And I was reading your "about me" section, and we are so much alike, it's scary! Except I don't watch project Runway, but if I had TV then I probably would!
P.S. You're daughter is the most adorable creature!!! You are so blessed to have her :o)

Disney said...

Um....I just realized that I had planned on featuring this, and then totally forgot about it by the next morning! I am SO sorry! I can be so completely brainless sometimes! I will be putting it up tomorrow! (I really will this time!)