2.01.2009

How I Spent My Saturday.

With our upcoming vacation, my last day of work, and Josie's 2nd birthday party in just one week, I've been a bit... on edge lately.
I'm not a fan of change. Of course, I am totally excited about all these changes, but change is change and I don't like it.
And I think it just hit me that we will be gone for over two weeks. I don't think I've ever been gone that long. I am trying really hard to not pack my entire house!

When I'm stressed, I clean. And I bake. And I repeat myself to Andrew about 100 times a day (which drives him completely nuts!).
He was at work all day Saturday so I was left with my other two stress relievers, cleaning and baking. (and packing, and planning)

I figured Josie should bring some sort of treat (as if I have a bunch of free time or something!) to her last day of daycare this Thursday.
I was super excited when I stumbled across Bakerella's Cupcake Pops. I knew they would be perfect for JK's little friends. So Josie and I got up early to try our best to recreate them.
She was a big help.

Yea, this didn't help ease my anxiety one little bit.But look how happy she was! She's my little Bakerella!
I accidentally skipped one of the refrigerating steps so when I dipped them in the chocolate and melted candy they got kinda sloppy. If they weren't for a bunch of 2 year olds I would have redone them.
But they are for 2 year olds and I had a long cleaning list so I decided I was ok with ugly treats. I am going to for sure make these again, only following all the steps. I think they are such a good idea! And pretty yummy too!We made sugar cookies for the party next weekend too. My kitchen was pretty much destroyed.
In between batches, I decided to wash every piece of bedding and all the dirty clothes. How on Earth do two adults and one midget rack up this many dirty clothes in one week? Especially when one of them wears a uniform everyday?!?It's good to have clean undies!

My house has been scrubbed, our suitcases are packed, and we are doing our best to eat all the food in the kitchen. Vacation will be here before we know it!

***Some of you have asked if there is anything we can do to try to raise awareness for the kids that are needing intervention but aren't getting it do to budget cuts. I am working on getting some contacts of child advocates so that we can send letters. I'm not sure how much that will help, but I'm hoping it will.

4 comments:

Kameron said...

When I'm stressed I write lists. I even write lists of the lists I need to write!!Congrats on your last week of work! I bet you are really looking forward to your vacation! Enjoy!

Brooke said...

Ohh, can you post the recipe for that treat??

Anonymous said...

You are starting to sound like me with all that cleaning.

Lani said...

Wow you have been so busy! And the treats are so cute!!! I am sure they will be a big hit!!!!!

Where are you going on vacation? We are going in 2 1/2 weeks and I am already starting to stress about packing.