4.03.2015

I Like It

What's cooking?

Us?

Well, I have entered the realm of adulthood and am hosting a family holiday gathering for the first time so our kitchen is hopping.  I have two eager helpers, and I use that word with only a tiny bit of sarcasm.





*please note: all of those pictures are old.  so far all that's been prepared for Sunday is a massive amount of JELLO eggs.

I refuse to say, "We've been busy" because, who hasn't?  

But we have been.  That good, heart filling, go to bed happy kind of busy.

Gabe started Pre-K.

The first preschool we started was great, but he was older than most of the kids and the 2 hour mandatory nap had him screaming and crying and begging me not to leave him.  Nope.  Couldn't do it.  I held out for a few weeks, but when it just wasn't easing up, I switched him.  I now have to drive him 10 miles away (feels like an eternity when everything else we do is within a few blocks), but it's beyond worth it.

He's happy and learning a lot.



Which is good since, gulp, he is officially registered for kindergarten.

An event he chose to get all kinds of fancy for.



I've tried every chore chart out there.  

All of them.

And after all of them failed, I went to my old trusty notebook and started whipping up some daily lists.  It's working great for us.  Josie gets a list and gets it done whenever.  It's pretty fun having a kid that can read a list and not need to be nagged.


Have I told you how much I've loved living in the same city as my family?

It's been everything I thought it would be.  Dinners and random visits and card games.  I'm totally bummed that it's already time for them to start migrating North again.  My Grandma was the first to head out.  Thankfully, we have a few more visitors coming in April and my Mom is staying through May.


School Spirit: Sports Wear Day

Except it wasn't.  Or I was the only parent that read the calendar.

I'm going with the second.

Hey, at least I didn't tell her it was Crazy Hair Day.


This guy.

This year was not easy on us.  It was downright cruel.

This week, as we prepared for Easter and I thought about good things dying and being buried and coming back to life I couldn't help but be glad.  Dark days followed by light.  I like it.

We had a date last week where we walked for miles then had dinner under palm trees with live music and strawberry shortcake bigger than my head and man, was it dreamy.


Welp.

Time to go hard boil some eggs.  I hope you have a fabulous Easter.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

What a great week. Have a happy Easter!
Blessings, Dawn