1.04.2015

Nora And Ralphie

A few days after we got home from Minnesota, Nora and Ralphie flew down to stay with us for a week.

Three days in, we decided that just wasn't enough time.  So they added 7 more days and we had the best time ever.  It was so good for my heart to have them here.  We spent our days outside and our nights eating, drinking too much wine, and watching every episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  Nothing makes you feel more in control of your life than a good reality show.

Our hearts miss Aaron.

I look at Ralph and see Aaron's face on that tiny human and it hurts in the best possible way.  I love these two people so, so much.  I loved having them here with us.  I love/hate that we are grieving at the same time and that that allows us to just be together without a lot of word, or with all of the words, whatever the moment calls for.  I missed them the second Ralph literally rolled away at the airport.  Note to self: put the stroller brake on before engaging in a long hug.

 Plotting a master plan to move them next door to us as soon as I get the neighbors to move out.











1 comments:

~Michelle said...

Just want you to know that I am praying for your family as you walk in the valley of the shadow of death. May the God of comfort strengthen and comfort you.