4.03.2014

Good Reads - March 2014


Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight

I bought this one awhile back and tossed it in my hospital bag.  The first week we were there, I didn't feel like my attention span was long enough to actually sit down and read.  But by week two, I was dying for something to occupy my brain.  I picked this up and was done with it in 3 days.  It was a really good story.

I won't give anything away, but it is a mystery and I wasn't able to predict the ending which was nice.  It's basically a story about mean girls in a upper class private school in New York.  This was an easy read, but not simple.  Great character development and maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I could really sympathize with the main character.


Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

Gillian Flynn wrote Gone Girl and Sharp Objects, both books I really loved.  Her stories are kind of dark and mysterious and usually have twist endings.  I like her writing style and alway like the characters.  This one was no different.  It was shorter than the other ones that I've read, but just as good.  I read it pretty quick.  It does have a lot of strong language, a few explicit parts, and there are some graphic parts.  Basically, if you think that would insult you, don't read this.  Probably should steer clear of all of Gillian's books.  But it is a good mystery that had me guessing until the end.

1 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

The Wicked Girls was a great book you might like!