4.06.2014

Documented - 4/6

Life This Week:


This week was nuts.

It started with what I expected to be a very cut and dry post op appointment for Gabe.  Three hours later we walked out knowing that the fluid in his chest was coming back and a second post op appointment on Friday.  I spent the rest of the week trying to resume normal life while overanalyzing every move Gabe did or didn't make.


We went back up on Friday and the fluid was worse.  We escaped being admitted because there weren't any beds for him.  Which was good since I had brought a bag, but not with any of the stuff I'd actually need to be staying there.  We will be driving back up again on Monday to be admitted.  Gabe will have to get his chest tube back in for a few days to get that fluid off.  Hopefully it will stay off this time.

School This Week:


We started back this week after a good two week break for Gabe's heart surgery.

I had planned to ease back in, but we ended up hitting the ground running.  Since I knew we were going to lose another week to the hospital, I doubled up as much as I could.  We even squeezed in a few fun field trips.  It was so nice to come back from a big break and have Josie pick right up where she left off.  She is cruising right along with 1st grade.

We did all our normal subjects and learned a bit about magnets too.



Going & Seeing:

The weather was awesome this week!

We spent as much time as we could outside.  We had to spend two mornings at the hospital getting Gabe checked out.  Josie went back to ballet, we hit up story time at the library, had an afternoon at the park with friends, and got a backstage tour of our local chickfila.  Even with the crazy, it was a great week.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family...and for that "tiny shimmer of hope" that the fluid levels have started to taper off. Blessings, Melissa

Karen Twombly said...

I'm praying now for your sweet son.

Michele said...

I am so sorry to hear he will have to go back. I am sure you are disappointed. He looks great though and I am glad to see you all were able to carry on as "normal" for a few weeks. Prayers for quick drainage and continued healing as well as patience and endurance for the days ahead.