1.24.2013

Hitting The Road

Y'all, this week has been crazy.

Andrew has been working a million extra hours (only a slight exaggeration) and I've been single parenting it.  I threw a birthday party, scrubbed my entire house, homeschooled, reviewed products, did end of year accounting, and hosted co-op.  

I also read this month's book club pick, but who's counting?


Traditional Birthday Morning Donuts

I didn't feel the exhaustion settle in until late last night.

My bones were tired and I wasn't sure I could handle hearing tiny feet escaping their rightful place in their bed one more time.

Someone remind me why it's not good to lock kids in their rooms*?

*joking



But I'm on the homestretch now.

I only have to survive another 36 hours and I get to load up my little family and hit the (hopefully) wide open road.

Andrew has a full three days off and we are stealing away for some much needed Daddy Time.  We've all missed that dude.

We are beach bound and even though it won't be warm enough to actually get in the ocean, I have visions of sand castle building that I need to see come to life.

Please note Josie's shirt.  She is a Master Thunder Stealer.


Happy Weekend Friends.


8 comments:

kimmer said...

Sounds like a fun road trip coming up! Be safe and have fun! And I love the photo if Gabe deciding on which donut to choose...priceless!

Cunz Family said...

Tommy jumped in the ocean on Christmas :). It's never "to cold" for kids!

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Nicole,

Ahhhhhhhh......! I'm still trying to come up w/a reason 'why it's not good to lock kids in their rooms'. I'll get back to you.

I've been itching to hit the road too. Enjoy the family time w/your husband and the children because I know it's special to go somewhere, but even better when daddy is able to come.

Unknown said...

Donuts sound really good right now...
I know you said a lot of other stuff but I have a cold and when I do I want to eat all the time! We are celebrating my little man's bday as well. Glad you will get some time together! I know how tough those long days are!

Kameron said...

That is a ton to fit in while solo parenting. i am lucky if they both get their teeth brushed if I have to do more than one night in a row by myself! Enjoy your trip!

BumbersBumblings said...

I don't see your cape in any of these pictures. You better hop on Pinterest and take care of that--super mommy!! Have a great time at the beach! I hope for warmth and rest!

Nicole said...

I hope that's true! It said 75 in Daytona so fingers crossed!

Lauren Thomas said...

Hi there! I'm a new follower from Kelly's Korner! Love your adoption stories! ;)

http://lifeoflt.blogspot.com