7.10.2012

Easy Living

It's full on Summer Time and, as they say, the living is easy.


We have been drenching ourselves in the pool every morning until the sun bakes us out.  

Temps have reached 100 for quite a few days which is completely unacceptable.  By noon the pool feels like bath water and we have to retreat to the shade.  This native Northern Girl is craving Minnesota's low humidity and cool nights something fierce.



The last of Josie's kindergarten curriculum came in the mail this week.

Getting these boxes in the mail has been better then Christmas for me.  We are going to be doing some serious learning around here!  Well, if I can get some planning done.  So far I've laid it all out on the table and stared at it.  I'm pretty sure I went a little overboard and I have no idea how to organize it all.  

Why, oh why, are there so many great curriculums out there?  I wanted to do it all, but tried really hard to remind myself that the child has 13 years to cover all the subjects.  No need to fit it all in to the next 180 days.

I'm planning to get a light start in the middle of August and add a bit more each week until we are going strong.  


Can we spend just a minute talking about how grown Josie is?

I'm sure she went to bed one night as a talkative toddler and woke up the next day a real lady child.  And just to stick the knife in my heart a little deeper, she went on her first sleepover last week and didn't even call for me to come get her in the middle of the night.  

Rude.

She is making some awesome girl friends at church and I couldn't be happier with it.  I made my first best friend in first grade and spent the next 8 years trading sleepovers and secrets.  I'm hoping this is the start of something as wonderful as that.

Picture text sent from Brooklyn's mom at 9AM after the girls pulled an all nighter.  I'm told they giggled well past midnight and Josie, "really wanted Brooklyn to see the sunrise."

The kids and I are getting ready to fly up to Minnesota for a few weeks.

I'm going to attempt to fit all our junk into two small bags so we can play the part of nomads while we are up there.  Lots of people to see and things to do and no time to pack and repack every time we change locations.  We will see how I do.

I hope you are all enjoying the Dog Days of Summer.  

Stay cool.





3 comments:

Little for a Little While said...

I assure you MN has cooled down, you will love it! We always pack light, especially if we have access to a washer and dryer. It's all good :)

Kameron said...

It will be nice to get out of the heat! I would have to have a pool if i lived in GA!

Unknown said...

Oh girl, sorry to be the bummer... but it's still ridiculously hot and humid here in MN! 90's all week and as far as the forecast can see. =( We're in Burnsville, though, south of the cities, so if you're headed north you may be in better shape.

I stumbled across your blog last week and am so glad I did. You have a new faithful reader =)