6.08.2012

Zucchini Brownies

I did it again guys.

I took a perfectly scrumptious treat and threw in some veggies to toss it up a bit.  Ooey Gooey Brownies were my target this time.  I love the Black Bean Brownies we've been making, but they have to be cold to taste good.  Which isn't normally a big problem, except that I need a nice warm brownie to go with my ice cream.  I found this recipe, and with a few tweaks, I've got a new favorite hot brownie recipe.

Zucchini Brownies are where's it's at guys.

Ahh, cocoa powder is NOT an ingredient in these.  Let's pretend that's not there.




Gluten Free Zucchini Brownies
  • 1 cup of peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
  • 1/3 cup of raw honey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1 cup of dark chocolate chips. I used gluten free chocolate chips.
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together.
  3. Pour into a greased 9x9 baking pan.
  4. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Next time, I think I will add a little cocoa powder to the batter too.  Maybe my subconscious knew I should've used some in that first shot.  Either way, they are seriously yummy!


And here's a little nugget shot for the Grandparents:

0 comments: