1.07.2010

The Next Chapter - Southern Division

Last night we had our first book club meeting!

We had a bunch of slackers that backed out, but Darlene, Vicki, Amber, and I were more then ready.

At least we thought we were before I whipped out my question list that I pulled of the publishers website.

Those were some seriously deep questions!
But we plugged through and I for one, felt very accomplished and excited for next months book.

We are meeting once a month at a different persons house each time. The person hosting that upcoming month picks the book and then leads discussion.

I made Chicken Ceasar Pasta Salad and some Turtle Brownies too.

Now for the book.

I picked The Book Thief. It's a book about a German girl in Nazi Germany.
The book was hard to get into, but I thought it was very interesting to see life from the German's viewpoint.
When I was 14 I went to Amsterdam and was able to go the the Anne Frank House to see where they hid.

If I had been using my brain, I would have pulled out my pictures and packets of info from when I was there for our discussion.

Oh well.

Overall the book was good, but not my favorite.

We picked our next two books so we are good until March.

Next month we are reading Intervention by Terri Blackstock.

4 comments:

bri said...

How fun! It sounds like you have quite the group of gals surrounding you. I pray for a group of girls just like yours. Love to have fun and not afraid to be real!

Blessings... can't wait to hear about the upcoming books and adventures :)

Lani said...

we started a book club in my neighborhood a couple months ago and we do the same. The person who hosts picks the book and leads the discussion.

It is my turn this month, I didn't love my choice but it was okay. I hope the other girls don't hate it...

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

kimmer said...

So glad you girls are doing this! You know our "northern" Next Chapter is in our 6th year!!! We have read So Many great books!!! And it's amazing how you learn so much from each other while discussing these stories! We laugh, we cry, we disagree, we eat, and we drink...it's wonderful! We are reading "March" this month. It's something about the "Little Women." I'll let you know how we like it. Happy reading!!!