9.04.2009

Kid Tested, Mother Approved

I can't believe that I haven't shared this recipe with ya'll!
Tiffany made it for Amy right after Matalie was born and I can't even count how many times we've eaten it since then.
Scott will eat an entire Pyrex full of the stuff. But I can eat half so I shouldn't say anything!

It looks kinda like a pot pie, but don't let that fool you, it tastes like Heaven.
A cheesy, creamy Heaven.
The first time I craved it was about two days after we had it at Amy's. I couldn't remember the exact steps to make it so I just winged it.
It turned out just as wonderful as Tiff's was!

Serve it up with a salad and some biscuits and you'll be in business.

All you need is a few chicken breasts, a bag of frozen mixed veggies, cheddar cheese, a small container of sour cream, some Ritz crackers, and a can of cream of chicken soup.

Boil your chicken breasts for about 25 minutes and then chop them up into little pieces.
While that's boiling, mix up your can of soup, sour cream, veggies, and cheese.
I mix mine right in the dish I'm baking it in because the less dishes to wash the better.
I also add in a little garlic.
When your chicken is done, mix that on in there and cover the whole thing with crushed up Ritz crackers.
Then you can melt a little butter on the top. I skip that step and think it tastes the same as when you add the butter.
Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes.

Then serve it up and feel good about getting your two year old to eat veggies and chicken without complaining!
Did I mention there is cheese in the casserole?

And yes, Josie is drinking out of a bottle. She randomly decides she is "Baby Josie" and it helps me fight off the baby fever so I just go with it!

1 comments:

kimmer said...

She IS "baby Josie"!!!!!!! For as long as possible!!!! That face is so precious...I love our little girl SO MUCH!!!!!