6.07.2009

A "Lord Help Me" Kinda Day

I love being a Mom.

I love spending my days laughing and playing, wiping and washing. I love watching Josie reach new milestones and hearing her ever expanding vocabulary.

I love keeping the house clean and laundry folded, the weeds picked and the dinner on the table.

Most days, I go about doing the things that need to get done with a smile on my face and a song of praise in my heart.
After all, it wasn't all that long ago that I had to spend my days sitting behind a desk while another woman spent the day with my daughter.

I know how blessed I am.

But every so often, I lose sight of the big picture.

The chores become a nuisance and Josie seems to spend the day under my feet.
I get tired of the "Huh Mama"'s and the "I wanna"'s.

There are days when I seem to be running behind from the moment my feet hit the floor,

When I spend all day saying, "Lord, Help Me"

And today was one of those days.

When days like this rear their ugly head, I spend half the day wishing for a break and the other half feeling bad for ever thinking of not being with Josie all day.
I start to wonder if what I am doing making any sort of difference.

So when I sat down to have a little time with God today and I came across this verse:

"The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31

I had to smile.

It's so easy to forget that I don't have to raise Josie on my own.
It's not up to my strength and power to be the wife Andrew needs me to be.

God is on my side, and when I feel like I'm in over my head and want to throw in the towel, I just need to borrow a little strength from the Almighty One.

He has more then enough.

It's not about me, it's not about my family or my friends. It's about Him and bringing glory to Him.

And just like that, it turns into a "Lord, Thank You" kind of day.

1 comments:

bri said...

Wonderful post N! It always turns in to a Thank you LORD kind of day when we surrender all to HIM!

I have had one of those days for the past week. I think it is about time to throw in my fleshy towel!

P.S. do not go to my blog!!! ;) hehe I mean you CAN but BE WARNED! haha