12.26.2007

First Trip to Minnesota~

Well, the trip was a huge success! My mom managed to keep us coming home a secret from everyone in the family! The party was SO much fun! Every time someone in the family would show up, we would poke Josie's head around the corner and they would all freak out! Their reaction was hilarious! I'll post pictures from the party as soon as Emma sends them to me. We had about 40 people show up so it was a great party. I loved getting so see friends from high school and catch up. My nephew, Cash, wasn't quite sure about the new little person intruding on his domain. He now has to share the refrigerator and toys. The first thing he said when he saw her was, "She needs to get bigger." He then proceeded to tell me that I would have to leave Josie in the car when we came to his house for Christmas Eve. But all was well when she showed up with a brand new airplane for him. Suddenly she was welcome to come in...As long as she didn't touch the new airplane! The plan was to spend the rest of the weekend visiting with family, but Mother Nature had other plans. It snowed every day! It was beautiful, but not good travel weather, so we stayed at my parents house the whole weekend. Well, we did venture out on Saturday afternoon to go get my hair done. I love it and am so glad we did it. Even if my nose did almost freeze off walking into the mall.
Josie had her first experience being a northern girl like her mama. We took her out on the sled on Saturday morning. We had fun, she however, was not too excited about the cold! We took her on a little sleigh ride around the yard and she did not smile once! She seemed to like it OK, but she was cold and I had her so bundled up she couldn't put her arms down! She also picked up her first cold. It's a pretty nasty cough, complete with snotty nose and fever. I'm sure she'll be fine in a couple days, but she is so pitiful right now!
Our house is covered with stuff that needs to be put away and laundry so I'm a bit overwhelmed since I know I have to hold Josie all night tonight. Oh well, I guess that's what being a mom is all about!

0 comments: