11.25.2009

Book Wreath

All my friends know I spend way too much time looking at crafting blogs and making looonnngg lists of projects that I want to do.

So this week I decided to actually get the stuff to make one of those projects.

Since it's Christmas Season I figured I'd better choose a cheap one from my list and this Book Wreath only cost me $2!

I followed the tutorial found here and it was super easy!

All you need is a glue gun (and glue sticks), a book (I picked one up at the Dollar Store), a wreath form (Dollar Store), and some brown paint.

2009 012

My apologies to Ruth Padel and her Tiger Saving Mission. I'm sure this wasn't what she had in mind when she dreamed of people buying her book!

Rub some brown or grey paint on the outside of the book and let it dry. It's supposed to make it look aged, but I can't really tell the difference. Amy had a great idea of dyeing a few pages in tea and I think that would be really pretty.

2009 014

Then just start rolling the pages and sticking them on your wreath. Living With Lindsey has a video with ideas on different ways to roll your paper.

2009 005

2009 001

About an hour and a half later, I was done!

2009 002

I have the perfect place for it, but have to finish another project before I can hang it up.

2009 003

Super easy, super cheap, and made me feel super productive!

2 comments:

bri said...

that is WAY cute... and YES the tea is a great idea to get that aged look. I LOVE tea dying paper or cloth to make it look aged.

Keep all the fun crafts/projects/pictures coming... very inspiring :)

Lindsay @ Makely said...

It looks great!